Peaceful Divorce

Cynthia Tiano, Esq.'s Discussions (44)

Discussions Replied To (35) Replies Latest Activity

"Dear Esme  -   Welcome to Peaceful Divorce.   Please feel free to take a look at all…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied May 18, 2012 to Survey. Please Take!! :-)

1 May 18, 2012
Reply by Cynthia Tiano, Esq.

"It's heartening to see that our sister state of Tennessee is beginning to embrace th…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jul 7, 2010 to How Can We Bridge The Gap Between Divorce Attorneys And Mental Health Professionals?

16 Dec 1, 2010
Reply by Debra Gordy MS MRET

"Thank you so much Sheila for this inspiring post. It is gratifying to know that our…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jun 29, 2010 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by Jacqueline O. Kittrell

"Thanks for posting this Roz! We are so proud and grateful to have you as a member of…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jun 8, 2010 to Join us for National Child-Centered Divorce Month in July

1 Jun 8, 2010

"Thanks Lori for your contribution and commitment to helping create peaceful divorces…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jun 5, 2010 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010

"Please watch my video on this site, "How to Get a Peaceful Divorce Even If Your Ex i…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Sep 30, 2009 to If your Ex is not peaceful?

1 Sep 30, 2009

"We are delighted to have you here! Thanks for sharing your "piece of the puzzle" wit…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Sep 21, 2009 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010

"Linda, thank you for that insightful and inspirational reply. We are honored to have…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jul 1, 2009 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010

"Jeffrey - Wonderful to hear from you and love your most recent message. Let's sche…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jun 24, 2009 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010

"That's a great point! In fact, I believe that couples are actually moving in that di…"

Cynthia Tiano, Esq. replied Jun 24, 2009 to Which Piece of the Peaceful Divorce Puzzle Do You Have?

65 Jul 6, 2010

RSS

Become an affiliate of the Happily Divorced! book and audio program! Let Reformed "Killer" Divorce Attorney, Cynthia Tiano, and Dr. Max Vogt, Marriage and Family Psychologist, take you on an adventure into the lives of two families going through the divorce legal system - one doing "legal battle" and the other creating a "peaceful divorce". Learn how to create a Win-Win from their experiences... HappilyDivorced.org

Events

Latest Activity

Robert D. Bordett, CFP, CDFA posted a blog post

How to Avoid the 10% Penalty When Taking Money From a Defined Contribution Plan!

Normally, distributions made before a participant attains age 59 1/2 are called “early distributions” and are subject to a 10% penalty tax. The tax does not apply, though, to early distributions upon death, disability, annuity payments for the life expectancy of the individual, or distributions made to an ex-spouse by a QDRO.The tax Reg (72)(t)(2)(C) states that when you take money out of a qualified plan in…See More
Aug 15

How Can Divorce Affect Your Auto Insurance?

After divorce, people often forget to take care of a few small but very important details, such as:Joint auto Insurance policies;Amending will and life insurance beneficiaries; andSwitching accounts for bills that are on autopay.In regards to auto insurance and divorce, many couples get discounts due to being tied to their residence or having multiple vehicles. When considering the removal of a spouse from a joint policy, compare auto policies before deciding. Keep in mind the following…See More
Jul 27

Getting Divorced? Don’t Forget about Long Term Care Insurance!

Often when people go through a divorce, their emotions are tied up. The questions on their mind are “how does this marriage end?” and “what do I get financially?” When they do think about health insurance, they usually don't consider long-term care insurance (LTCi). Why is it so important for recently divorced or currently divorcing couples to think about long term care planning? Two…See More
Jul 5

The Grey Divorce

Perhaps you’ve heard about the phenomenon known as the “grey divorce” and are wondering what it’s all about. An important study conducted by the Department of Sociology and the National Center for Family and Marriage Research at Bowling Green State University entitled “The Grey Divorce Revolution” addressed this issue. I was attending the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts’…See More
Jun 7

Elder Care Mediation

I recently attended a conference for The Academy of Professional Family Mediators in Memphis, Tennessee. One of the workshops I participated in was on elder care mediation, which gave some fascinating insights. A 2001 study, done by Debra B. Gentry, showed nearly 40% of adult children providing care for their parents reported serious conflict with siblings, usually related to a lack of sufficient help from those siblings. This study…See More
May 17

Parallel Parenting: Making the Best of a Bad Situation

I very much appreciate working on divorce cases with a team, as it has so much value for clients. Mental health professionals can bring much-needed clarity to very difficult situations. The following article, written by Howard Dructman, PhD and Marsha Schechtman, LCSW, Atlanta Behavioral Consultants, explains how the concept of parallel parenting works:A literature…See More
Apr 11

Why Do I Have to Prepare a Budget?

We all hate the word budget. How many times have you had a budget that never worked and only made life harder? And when you didn't follow it, did you feel like you failed?If a budget is done right, it will provide many benefits that are crucial when going through a divorce.A budget is a guideline to help you forecast how your cash flow will look.Having a budget keeps your priorities and values straight. Many…See More
Mar 23

The Difference Between Litigation and Mediation: It's Personal

People have a range of preconceptions about divorce, the law, and the courts. In reality, going before a judge to air your grievances about your soon-to-be ex-spouse is rarely as satisfying as movies and television shows may have you believe. Mediation offers a private, cost-efficient alternative to litigation—but before you choose either venue, there are some guiding principles to keep in mind:Don't expect…See More
Mar 7

The Taxes They Are A-Changing

Time flies when you’re having fun; here we find ourselves in a new year, with new challenges ahead—and of course our taxes are due. So let’s bring you up to date on some tax changes that we know of. (Remember this year could bring other tax changes that we don’t know about at this time).One big change is that 1099s have to be in to the IRS by January 31st of his…See More
Feb 7

Social Security: How Do the New Rules Affect Divorced People?

The Association of Divorce Financial Planners held their annual conference this past October. One of the keynote speakers was Mary Beth Franklin, CFP, who is a contributing editor for Investment News. She spoke about the new Social Security rules and how to maximize benefits. Here is part of her talk relating to divorce:If married at least 10 years and currently unmarried, you may be able to collect on your ex-spouse’s work record as…See More
Dec 29, 2016

The Association of Divorce Financial Planners’ 2016 Divorce Catalyst Conference

I recently attended The Association of Divorce Financial Planners 2016 Divorce Catalyst Conference, held from October 27-29. There were a number of excellent speakers and interesting topics presented over the three days: Day OneThe keynote speaker was Jeff Brend. Jeff is an attorney who specializes in family law and is a fellow of the American Academy of…See More
Nov 23, 2016

Self-Executing Modifications: Six Things Everyone Should Know

One of the things I have learned over the years is that I cannot be a Jack-of-all-trades and a master-of-none. In today’s ever-changing world, we need to have connections with professionals in other disciplines and specialties. This is especially true working in the divorce area.In the past, it was the attorney’s job to do everything. Today divorcing…See More
Oct 27, 2016

Badge

Loading…

About

© 2017   Created by Cynthia Tiano, Esq..   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service